Head to a special outdoor place or sit spot to look around for all the lichens and plants growing secretly around you. Can you imagine being a fairy or a little bug moving or flying around the forest?
Create a magical home for your special friend using natural materials found on the forest floor.
Using materials found on the ground, build a beautiful house for any visiting fairies or for a little bug. Or you could build a bug and create a home for it!
• Find the perfect spot: the bottom of a tree or large rock is a great place for a fairy/bug house.
• Use leaves, sticks, stones and bark to make fairy/bug sized furniture.
• Add some lichen that you find on the forest floor. Add tiny toys and embellishments.
• Be mindful not to pick anything that is living.
• Sitting quietly, write a poem or some thoughts about your fairy/bug house.
• Write or draw a story about a fairy or bug discovering the house and how they would feel being given such a magical gift. Would they throw a party to celebrate or would they enjoy it on their own?