Volunteers play a vital role in our store.
How does volunteer training work?
The Local volunteer training program aims to prepare you to be confident in your role at Local. Volunteer training includes:
- an easy online training course – watch online at your convenience & complete the quick online test
- scheduled in-person in-store training – 2.5-hour shifts booked to fit your schedule
- procedures in place to be a COVID safe volunteer activity
How will I benefit?
- All committed volunteers will gain free access to the Fresh Picks Club. This gives you 1st notification and opportunity to order when new local products hit the shelf.
- You’ll help play a key role in strengthening Fernie’s food system
- Be a part of your community
Is volunteering a COVID safe activity?
Local has a COVID Worksafe BC Plan in place that meets and exceeds the Provincial Health Officer’s recommendations. The plan will continue to be updated as recommendations change. Currently, all people in Local (customers & volunteers) will be required to wear masks. All volunteer roles are designed to ensure you have 6 feet of space to complete your tasks.
How do I volunteer?
- 1st step – Sign up to be a volunteer
- 2nd step – Wait for an email with the next steps on the training
How can I stay connected?