This is where you start your training to become a Local Inventory Volunteer. Follow the steps on this page to complete your training
1st – View the Inventory Online Training Slides
Take your time as you read the slides. Do not press play, instead flip through the slides at your own speed using the arrows. Do it all at once or come back multiple times to complete the training. We expect it to take approximately 15 minutes to read through the training slideshow below.
2nd – Complete the Volunteer Training Online Quiz
Once you are familiar with the information in the slideshow, please complete the online quiz below. There are 31 questions. It should take you approximately 10 minutes to complete. You will need a passing grade on the quiz (80% or higher) in order to move to in-store training. You may take the quiz as many times as you would like.
- 3rd – Celebrate your success in completing your Local Volunteer Online Training
- 4th – Email your name, preferred email and quiz score to email@example.com
- 5th – Watch your inbox for an email with your login to the Basecamp Local Volunteer HQ to schedule your shadow training shifts in store.
How will I benefit?
- All committed volunteers will gain free access to the Fresh Picks Club. This gives you 1st notification and opportunity to order when new local products hit the shelf.
- You’ll help play a key role in improving food security within the Elk Valley
- Be a part of your community
Is volunteering a COVID safe activity?
Local has a COVID Worksafe BC Plan in place that meets and exceeds the Provincial Health Officer’s recommendations. The plan will continue to be updated as recommendations change. Currently, all people in Local (customers & volunteers) will be required to wear masks. All volunteer roles are designed to ensure you have 6 feet of space to complete your tasks.