Position: Branch Administrator – Wildsight Elk Valley Branch
Deadline to apply: December 5th, 2023
Scope: Part-time – 8 hours/week
Target Start Date: December 2023
Duration: 1 year contract with possibility to renew
Location: Fernie, BC
NOTE: YOU MUST CURRENTLY LIVE IN OR NEAR FERNIE TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
About Wildsight Elk Valley
We would like to invite you to imagine a future in which nature and economy go hand in hand. In which we are motivated by our love of this stunning place to work together to keep our water clean, our landscapes wild and our community sustainable. We invite you to imagine a place where you feel rooted and connected, where your life is in balance, where you are inspired.
This dream of a connected, sustainable community doesn’t come about by itself, but we at Wildsight Elk Valley believe it’s possible. Together, through our combined actions, we can make an enormous difference.
Learn more about our programs at: wildsight.ca/elkvalley
The part-time Branch Administrator at Wildsight Elk Valley is responsible for providing efficient administrative support to the Board, ensuring the smooth functioning of the Branch. Reporting to the Board of Directors, this position involves managing various administrative tasks, maintaining records, and engaging with the community.
The role requires 8 hours of work per week. It is primarily a work from home position with some in-person hours.
- Administrative Support:
- Monitor, read, and respond to or delegate communication (email, phone, mail, Basecamp) promptly and professionally;
- Maintain file management system in Basecamp;
- Collaborate with the treasurer and project manager to ensure timely processing of financial documents and invoices.
- Board Meetings:
- Set up and attend monthly virtual or meetings (every 3rd Mon., 7pm);
- Prepare meeting agendas for monthly Board meeting, share for feedback, update and send to Board Members;
- Record minutes during Board meetings and post to Basecamp; Write and share monthly Admin report at monthly Board meetings.
- Office Management:
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail and packages
- Maintain accurate records and databases related to membership, volunteers, and community contacts
- Ensure data integrity and confidentiality.
- Communication & Outreach:
- Maintain Wildsight Elk Valley webpages
- Create, schedule, and share engaging social media content promoting the organization and its programs
- Promote Wildsight Elk Valley membership and volunteer opportunities
- Monitor online engagement and respond to inquiries and comments promptly
- Solicit and put together content for Wildsight Elk Valley monthly newsletter (e-blast?)
- Put up posters for Wildsight programs throughout Fernie, as directed by project leads
- Community Engagement:
- Participate in information sharing with Wildsight Regional and Branches
- Act as a local representative, fostering positive relationships with the community
- Engage, attract and support volunteers
- Grant Writing:
- Support grant writing
- Update and submit annual Gaming grant
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Independent self-starter
- Must have a personal computer to work from and reliable internet
- Must live in Fernie, BC
- Experience in office administration is an asset
- Experience using Basecamp or similar project management software is an asset
- Health spending account available after one year of employment
How to Apply
Wildsight is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in our hiring processes and work environment and we encourage women, people of colour, people of indigenous ancestry and LGBTQ2+ individuals to apply for this position. If you require assistance in applying, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to apply is December 5th, 2023.
Please send your resume (maximum 2 pages) and cover letter (maximum 1 page) to email@example.com
The Elk Valley Branch of Wildsight is an BC registered non-profit organization, governed by an engaged Board of Directors and supported by active members and volunteers. Our work aims to promote environmental stewardship and conservation in our community.
Food security, access to locally produced food and food-growing space are priorities for the Elk Valley Branch. Our passionate volunteers built and managed the Community EcoGarden, the Cold Climate Seed Library, ToolShare, and recently launched a social enterprise store, Local, which aims to support community-powered food. The Fernie Container Farm will be operated as a social enterprise. We work together with Wildsight Regional and the five other Wildsight branches.
Wildsight’s vision is to inspire a shared community desire to protect our natural world for future generations. We envision extensive and connected wild spaces for wildlife—from grizzly bears to woodpeckers to trout. We envision clean air and clear water running from mountain watersheds to our lakes. We see thriving and sustainable communities made up of engaged and educated citizens.