NOTE: THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED
Position: Retail Coordinator & Branch Admin Assistant
Deadline to apply: April 1st, 2022
Scope: Part-time – 25 hours/week
Target Start Date: April 2022
Location: Fernie, BC
Wildsight Elk Valley – Retail Coordinator & Branch Admin Assistant
Are you a motivated person, passionate about your community and the environment? If so, Wildsight Elk Valley is looking for a new Retail Coordinator & Branch Admin Assistant. Wildsight Elk Valley’s strength lies in our grassroots engagement to promote environmental stewardship and to address local issues around local food systems.
This position requires a self-motivated, dynamic individual to work 25-hours a week, starting April 2022. This contract position pays $18-20 per hour, depending on experience.
The Retail Coordinator & Branch Admin Assistant will:
- Work in partnership with the Local Store Coordinator with a focus on daily retail store operations, customer service, volunteer training, and communications. 1:15 pm to 6:15 pm in-store on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays & Saturdays – 20 hours a week
- Work with the Wildsight Elk Valley Branch in tasks such as administration, coordination, Board of Directors support, maintenance, volunteer management, and communications – 5 hours a week, flexible schedule
- Daily store operations – coordinate retail store tasks including opening/closing, cleaning, temperature checks, vendor updates, and process end of day reports
- Teamwork – Collaborate to ensure smooth operations and store growth
- Customer service – embody and promote a culture of high-quality customer service
- Stock store – assist with product intake, pricing, and stocking shelves
- Inventory – work with sales platform for point of sale and inventory tracking
- Promotion – promote volunteering opportunities and actively recruit new volunteers
- Onboarding – onboard volunteers and track progress
- Training – train Local volunteers using the existing program and promote learning
- Support – support Local volunteers with scheduling shifts and answering questions
- Development – continued updating of Local volunteer training materials
- Reporting – compile a monthly report to the Local Advisory Committee
- Newsletter – co-produce monthly volunteer newsletter email
- Basecamp – utilize Basecamp project management software to communicate
- Social media – work to co-produce timely, and engaging social media posts
- Phone – manage Wildsight Elk Valley phone system & respond to requests
- Email – manage Wildsight Elk Valley email system & respond to email requests
- Eblast – co-produce Wildsight Elk Valley monthly newsletter content
- Update – maintain Wildsight Elk Valley webpages and file management system
- Sharing – participate in information sharing with Wildsight Regional and Branches
- Promote – promote Wildsight Elk Valley Branch programs including: Cold Climate Seed Library, ToolShare, Community EcoGarden & more
- Monthly meetings – set up & attend monthly meetings (3rd Monday at 7pm)
- Support – collaborate and support the Board of Directors
- Reporting – provide monthly reporting to Board of Directors
- Mail – pick up mail and packages
- Manage – respond to requests & manage ToolShare online system
- Passion for local, sustainable food and community
- Excellent communication skills
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Organizational and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Computer literate
- Committed environmental ethic
- Demonstrated capacity for self-directed and unsupervised work
- Customer service experience, previous supervisory / management experience, work with not for profits and volunteer management an asset
How to apply:
Wildsight is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in our hiring processes and work environment and we encourage women, people of colour, people of indigenous ancestry and LGBTQ2+ individuals to apply for this position.
Deadline to apply is April 1st, 2022. We will respond via email to all applicants on April 2nd and will be conducting in-person interviews April 4th (evening) & April 5th (morning).
Please send your resume (maximum 2 pages) and cover letter (maximum 1 page) to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Elk Valley branch of Wildsight is an BC registered non-profit organisation, governed by an engaged Board of Directors and supported by active members and volunteers. Our work aims to promote environmental stewardship and conservation in our community.
Food security, access to locally produced food and food-growing space are priorities for our Elk Valley Branch. Our passionate volunteers built and manage the Community EcoGarden, the Cold Climate Seed Library, ToolShare and recently launched a social enterprise, Local which aims to support community-powered food. We work together with Wildsight Regional and the five other Wildsight branches.
Wildsight’s vision is to inspire a shared community desire to protect our natural world for future generations. We envision extensive and connected wild spaces for wildlife—from grizzly bears to woodpeckers to trout. We envision clean air and clear water running from mountain watersheds to our lakes. We see thriving and sustainable communities made up of engaged and educated citizens.