Wildsight seeks a part-time Education Coordinator to join our team and support our classroom environmental education programs throughout the Columbia Basin, with a focus on our four Education in the Wild programs – Winter Wonder, Nature through the Seasons, Classroom with Outdoors and EcoStewards. Each year, these programs take approximately 3800 kids outside to connect with their wild backyards. We believe that developing connections with nature and with our local ecosystems is key to developing ecological literacy and a conservation ethic.
The Education Coordinator will work closely with the Education Manager to achieve our program goals and will work alongside our program coordinators for other education programs, including Beyond Recycling and Know Your Watershed, and will assist in supporting our field-based programs, Go Wild and the Columbia River Field School, through administrative and fundraising support.
The successful candidate is highly organized, creative, a strong communicator, both verbally and written, and passionate about nature and environmental education. S/he has strong coordination skills to ensure that a high volume of Basin-wide programs run smoothly. S/he has demonstrated strong verbal and written skills to assist in grant applications and reporting and in developing community champions.
This position is a 0.4 FTE, based in the Wildsight office in Kimberley, BC, with flexible working hours. The ideal candidate would have some flexibility to adjust working hours over the year to meet the changing needs of the school schedule. The annual salary range for this position is between $18,000-$19,600 ($45,000-$49,000 FTE equivalent). There is an opportunity for this role to expand.
- Coordinate Classroom with Outdoors and Winter Wonder programs, including scheduling and managing contract educators throughout the Columbia Basin
- Managing program delivery within annual budgets
- Program fundraising through grant applications and reporting
- Program kit and supply management – coordinate inventory and re-supply for program kits
- Develop community champions to sponsor programs, working closely with Wildsight’s development team
- Coordinate annual gathering of education program team
- Coordinating and tracking risk management forms and documents
- Coordinate, collate and review teacher, student and educator feedback
- Coordinate program promotion to schools and teachers
- General support for Education Manager, as required
- Highly organized
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated skills in grant writing and reporting
- High level of computer literacy including office software
Apply before July 4th by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About us: Wildsight, an environmental charity, has a 30-year history of conservation and has been delivering environmental education programs since 2000. Our main office is located in Kimberley, and we work together with five autonomous branches within the East Kootenay. Our team of about 10 people is based in the Kootenays, with six staff working out of our Kimberley office. We have taken more than 75,000 kids outside through these programs. You can learn more about Wildsight and our environmental education programs on our website.