Wildsight Elk Valley is once again hosting the Fernie Fall Fair and we’re celebrating with a festival that is as unique as our community!
The Fernie Fall Fair is a grassroots public event that encourages people to bridge rural and urban living through enjoying locally grown food.
It is our goal to showcase healthy, farmstead living and promote the importance and achievability of sustainable food production in the Elk Valley.
Get your taste buds ready for the Blue Ribbon competitions — pies, cakes, preserves, and bread bragging rights will be contested for.
Fernie’s favorite Sunday event, the Fernie Mountain Market, and its amazing vendors will be providing the best of the harvest for you to take home!
Join us for the Fernie Fall Fair at Rotary Park (6th A Ave) where all sorts of fun will be happening from 10am-2pm on September 10th, 2023.
What is there to do at the Fall Fair?
- Peruse the Fall Fair entries and be inspired at all the amazing things Fernie-ites make
- Put in a bid at the Pie Auction
- Enter the Cake Walk and try and win yourself a cake
- Stock up on locally grown produce at the Mountain Market
- Taste something yummy at one of the food trucks
- Explore the unique artisans at the Mountain Market
How do I enter the Fall Fair?
- Explore the categories in the Fall Fair guidlines on our website (wildsight.ca/fallfair)
- Grow, bake or make something great
- If you are entering cake, pie or cupcakes, be sure to pick up your containers at Local before Sept. 10th
- Bringing your entry to the Rotary Park gazebo on Sept 10th between 9-10:30am
- Fill out the Registration Form and Entry Forms when you arrive and pay your $1 fee per entry
- Throughout the day enjoy the Farmers Market at Rotary Park and visit Chautauqua at City Hall
- Pick up your entries between 2-3pm
How can I volunteer at the Fall Fair?
- The #ferniefallfair would not happen without the amazing volunteers that Fernie has!
- Follow this link to go to the volunteer signup sheet and choose your shift: http://volunteersignup.org/MQBYE
- Volunteers go home with pie and other yummy treats as a thank you for sharing your time with us.
What else is happening in Fernie this weekend?
- Be sure to check out all the fun at Chautauqua this weekend in Downtown Fernie at www.ferniechautauqua.com
- Stock up on local produce at the Mountain Market from 10am – 2pm at Rotary Park
How can I learn more about Wildsight Elk Valley?
- Sign up for the Wildsight Elk Valley Branch e-blasts – click ‘get updates’ in the menu above
- Check out the Wildsight Elk Valley Facebook and Instagram pages
- Visit Local at 632 2nd Ave or at wildsight.ca/local
- Visit the Community EcoGarden at wildsight.ca/ecogarden located in Prentice Park in Fernie
- Become a member – click ‘become a member’ in the menu above