Hiking among golden larches, dining on scrumptious food prepared by host and chef, Amanda Orlowski, elevated conversations (ie. at 2163 meters!), and gazing up at a dark, star-blanketed sky. Interested? We have a special opportunity to spend one night up at DIANA LAKE LODGE, nestled in an alpine basin on the western edge of Kootenay National Park. Not only that, we are fortunate that our group will include long-time bear habitat ecologist, Bryon Benn, who can enlighten us on bear behaviour and conservation issues.
- Cost (including all taxes): $240 for Wildsight members; $250 for non-members. To become a member, sign up here.
- This includes: 1 night accommodation, appetizers, dinner, breakfast, lunch, excellent camaraderie
- To hold your spot, please send payment by e-transfer to email@example.com. Please note Diana Lake in the message.
- If possible, please confirm participation by August 25. The Lodge is doing a heli re-supply flight the next week, and it will help them if they know our numbers.
- We are booking the whole lodge. Maximum 10 people.
- You are a strong hiker and can carry a pack with warm clothing, a sleeping bag, and a lunch for the first day.
- The trail is moderately challenging, about 7-8 km one-way to the lodge.
- This is not a guided hike, per se, but we will be together as a group.
- We will have an inReach emergency device with us, in case of emergencies.
- Lodging in the bunkhouse: 3 bedrooms each with a queen and a twin XL bed; a loft with 2 double and 2 twin XL beds. Pillows provided if you bring a pillowcase.
- We will carpool. Information on road access is here.
- You will be asked to sign waiver forms for both Wildsight Invermere and Diana Lake Lodge.
Cancellation less than 14 days prior to trip departure results in no refund. Please see the Lodge’s cancellation policy here.
Any questions? call us 250-409-5708 or email firstname.lastname@example.org