Wildsight Kimberley Cranbrook is pleased to host our 7th Annual Harvest Party! This is a FREE family friendly event where everyone is welcome.
WHERE: Kimberley Community Garden at 915 Rotary Drive.
WHEN: Sunday September 20th, 1:00-3:00 PM
WHAT: This year we are organizing a variety of activities for the event including:
- our famed zucchini and potato sack races
- community harvest candy apples/apple sauce/apple juice treats
- fun kids activities
- two special guest presentations!
- Wildsight and Bat Researcj tents
- garden tours and harvesting
- live music
HOW: REGISTER HERE!
Schedule of Events:
1:05- Official Welcome with Wildsight Kimberley Cranbrook
1:15-2:00- Bear Spray Presentation and Demo with Danica Roussy – WildSafeBC
2:00-2:10- Zucchini Races
2:15-2:30- Kimberley Food Hub Presentation with Ingrid Liepa and Michael Stephens
2:40-2:50- Potato Sack Races
**Kids activities, Wildsight and Bat Research tents, garden tours/harvesting, candy apples, and apple juice/sauce making will be happening throughout the event**
- This event will be managed by dedicated Wildsight Kimberley Cranbrook staff, contractors, and volunteers to ensure all participants feel safe during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- As per BC Ministry of Health legal requirements, this event can only host a maximum of 50 participants. Registration is required.
- Remember to practice social distancing, frequent hand sanitizing (we provide), mask wearing (optional).
- Participants will be welcomed in to the garden to harvest one group at a time to enjoy and harvest the many delectable foods we grew this season.
- Please bring:
- a mask (in case social distancing is not possible)
- water bottle
- a hat
- lawn chairs
- cups/mugs for sampling apple juice
- container for apple sauce
- a reusable bag for garden harvest
- BYOZ (bring your own zucchini) Participants are encouraged to bring the best competition your family garden has to offer!
The Kimberley Community Garden is a public, edible garden for the whole community to enjoy. Sharing is the foundation of the garden, as it is with our Harvest Party!