Are you a passionate nature enthusiast who loves working with kids? Wildsight Kimberley Cranbrook is looking to hire a Camp Assistant to work at our Camp Odyssey day camp that runs in Kimberley and Cranbrook. Candidates should have extensive experience working with children and youth aged 5-12, be comfortable working outdoors with environmental programming in all weather conditions, and be available for up to 5 weeks from June 27 through August 26, 2022.
We want to hear from you by 9 am on Wednesday, April 20, 2022. Read on to find out why we are hiring.
The Camp Assistant will become part of the Wildsight Kimberley Cranbrook team as a contractor, working under the supervision of the Camp Odyssey Program Coordinator. The Camp Assistant will work with the Camp Leader to deliver each week’s varied activities with an environmental education focus, while ensuring a safe and responsible nature experience for all campers. More specifically the Camp Assistant will:
- Supervise children aged 5-12 in varied outdoor locations, including the Kimberley Nature Park and Cranbrook Community Forest.
- Engage with the children and participate in Camp activities.
- Be aware of and uphold all Wildsight Kimberley Cranbrook and Camp Odyssey safety protocols, including applicable COVID-19 procedures.
- Attend training with Camp Odyssey Program Coordinator.
- Assist in evaluating and reporting out.
- Maintain program equipment in good working condition.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Experience working with children and youth aged 5-12.
- Experience delivering outdoor/environmental programming.
- Comfortable leading groups in natural forested areas.
- Physically able to hike 6-10 km carrying a load and/or pulling a wagon.
- Physically able to visually and audibly identify and respond to environmental hazards.
- First Aid/CPR certified.
- Provide a Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check.
- Able to work for the duration of the contract.
About Wildsight Kimberley Cranbrook:
Wildsight Kimberley/Cranbrook empowers environmentally responsible citizenry and strives to support a conscious local economy. We aim to provide consistent and ongoing leadership by engaging and listening to the concerns of the community, then responding with care, insight and innovation.
Our non-profit focuses on initiatives that support environmental conservation, education and regeneration. Working closely with the communities of Kimberley and Cranbrook, we aim to inspire positive relationships with the environment. As a branch of Wildsight, we protect biodiversity and encourage sustainable communities.