We have teamed up with Bruce Kirkby for An Epic Adventure
…and you are invited!
It is that magical time of year when outdoor and adventure enthusiasts come together to be inspired by films at the renowned BANFF CENTRE MOUNTAIN FILM FESTIVAL WORLD TOUR. Unfortunately, with pandemic precautions in place, that cannot happen.
However, there is good news! We can all watch films from the safety of our homes – the same excitement, same inspiration, different location! This February, we invite our community to be a part of #EpicAdventuresIndoors and share in the awe-inspiring thrill of the Festival together, but apart.
Participating is easy!
- PURCHASE a virtual ticket for the RUBY, SAPPHIRE, AMBER or ONYX programs, or buy a program Bundle.
- WATCH the films with your nearest and dearest any day during February.
- CONNECT over the shared experience of being transported to the most amazing destinations and watching some of the most incredible human achievements.
- DONATE if you can – because even though there is a pandemic, we can’t afford to take our eyes off what matters to us all – the outdoors and our environment. Your donation will go a long way towards supporting our programs.
- SHARE we really want to see your epic adventures and connect with you virtually! Snap a pic. Share on social media tagging us @wildsightkimcran or using the hashtag – #EpicAdventuresIndoors
With TWO NEW FILM PROGRAMS released on 4 February 2021, there is more incentive to watch than ever before. Choose ticket packages that celebrate amazing cultures, inspire adventure and whisk you from Canada to India, Columbia, Bhutan and back.
Get involved. Get inspired. Get your tickets.
To watch the films of your choice – click this button below, choose your program, then hit “RENT NOW”.
Join our Facebook Group and stay up to date!
BANFF CENTRE MOUNTAIN FILM FESTIVAL VIRTUAL WORLD TOUR FAQ’S
- Individual programs: $15 USD and a 3-day rental period.
- Bundles – TWO programs fort $28 USD. FOUR programs (EPIC Bundle) for $52 USD. Both bundles have a 14-day rental period. See Ticket Sales for more details.
- The rental period begins immediately upon viewing (as soon as you press PLAY)
- Films can be re-watched within the rental period.
- An internet connection is required to view the films – they are only available for viewing via online streaming (no downloads).
Q: Why is pricing in US dollars?
Great question! We believe Banff Centre has set their prices in US dollars, so the price is consistent across all of their markets globally – from Canada to Australia and everywhere in between!
Q. Do the proceeds of my purchase support local initiatives?
They sure do! Proceeds of every ticket sold, whichever package you purchase, go towards supporting Wildsight Kimberley Cranbrook conservation, education and environmental sustainability initiatives.
Q: How long do I have access to the online programs after I purchase tickets?
If you purchase a single ticket program, you will have access to films for three days. If you choose to purchase a bundle program or grouping of two or more programs, you will have access to films for two weeks (14 days). Please note that this is subject to Banff Centre’s arrangements with filmmakers. You can access the films contained in your program at your leisure throughout the purchase or rental period.
Q: Can I buy tickets as a gift? Is there an option for me to give the virtual program(s) as a gift?
YES! If you want to send a World Tour program or bundle to someone special, you can gift that transaction to them. This is an option that will appear on the checkout page. You will make the purchase a gift recipient will receive an email with information about watching the program or bundle.
Q: Who is sponsoring the World Tour?
We have very generous sponsors supporting the Festival and World Tour. They are:
Presenting partners: Banff & Lake Louise Tourism, Rab, Buff®,
Sponsored by: Deuter, Clif Bar & Company, Oboz Footwear, YETI, Sierra Nevada Brewing Company, Smartwool, Kicking Horse Coffee, The Lake Louise Ski Resort and Summer Gondola
Q: Will new films be released throughout 2021?
Yes. Hurray! Banff Centre Mountain Film Festival will be releasing additional film packages throughout 2021. Continue to follow our Instagram and Facebook for updates on those releases. Please note that to access new Festival offerings, you will need to make an additional purchase.
Q: How much do tickets cost?
Tickets are available in a variety of purchase options. You can purchase a single program for $15 USD. Or you can purchase a bundle, TWO programs for $28 USD, or FOUR programs for $52 USD.
Q: How long do I have to view the films?
The rental period begins immediately upon viewing (as soon as you press PLAY). If you have bought a single program, that rental period is three days. If you purchased a bundle, the rental period is 14 days.
Q: Can I rewatch the films?
Yes! If you re-watch during the rental period.
Q: How do I watch the films?
You will need to have an internet or wifi connection to view the films, as they are only available through online streaming (not downloaded).
Q: What if I have technical issues?
If you have some technical issues in the unlikely event, you can contact the Help Centre for more information.
Note that reviewing the “How do I watch on my SmartTV” will be particularly helpful before you view.
Epic Adventures Video by Trixie Pacis. Music: “Retreat” by Gold Coast via Soundstripe.
Banner Image: Charger 2, a film by Anthony Bonetto, Mike Douglas, Mike Gamble and Switchback Entertainment
Proceeds from ticket sales support Wildsight Kimberley Cranbrook conservation, education and environmental sustainability initiatives and Banff Centre.