- Kootenay Conservation Program
- Friends of Kootenay National Park
- Electronic Atlas of the Flora of BC
- Columbia Wetlands Stewardship Partners and the Columbia River Guide
- iNaturalist: Learn about nature and become a Citizen Scientist. iNaturalist is a global data-sharing application to engage people in observing, learning about, and recording the rich biodiversity that surrounds us.
- Some aspects of the ecology of the Columbia National Wildlife Area_Larry Halverson et al If you want to learn more about what you can find in our wetlands, read this. Even though the report was published in 2012, it remains vital and relevant. Here’s what one of the report’s authors, Neil Dawe, remembers about gathering the information for the Canadian Wildlife Service: We had a wonderful summer there that year, as you can no doubt tell from the report. As we often said as we were paddling the wetlands, counting birds, checking grebe and tern nests, and revelling at the sheer beauty of the locale, “Can you believe we’re getting paid to do this?”
Upcoming Invermere events
We are holding a monthly Bighorn sheep monitoring event. No experience is needed to be a citizen science…
Join The Team
Want to protect wildlife, clean water and wild spaces? Volunteer with us! Wildsight volunteers are a very special group of people who give generously of their time to stuff envelopes, attend rallies, help run events, put up posters, keep tabs on forestry practices in their communities and participate in citizen science initiatives.