Want to support local farmers and small-scale producers? Want to help bring more locally grown food into Fernie? Fresh Picks is a key way to help build Fernie’s food system.
Want to be the first to know when the strawberries arrive? Want to know when we restock bacon and other popular products, or get new local products in store? Fresh Picks is the exclusive inside scoop on all things Local right to your inbox.
“I can’t say enough how amazing it is to have such easy access to local products all year long! Thank you so much for opening this store and having a super smooth online ordering system as well.” – D.J., Fernie
WHAT is the Fresh Picks Club?
- Fresh Picks members get first notification and opportunity to order when new local products arrive, including early access to preorder events
- Members receive regular updates from Local, including store news, new product or vendor announcements, exclusive restock alerts, and previews of what’s coming next
- An easy way to show your support and help make positive change in Fernie’s food system
Support local food in Fernie with a donation of $20/month to gain access to the Local Fresh Picks Club
How can I help?
- Become a supporter through a monthly donation and help us bring local food to Fernie
- Give a one-time donation –> choose to give a one-time gift
- Volunteer at the store –> learn about volunteering by clicking here
- Let us know about local products you would like to see in Local
- Tell a friend about Local and help us spread the word
- Like and share our posts on Facebook or Instagram
- Visit us in store or online to purchase local food
Local – Fresh Picks
WHAT is Local?
- Local is a physical and online retail store that brings local people and local products together
- Supports local food producers and farmers in bringing their products to market to increase the amount of local food available in Fernie
WHY is Wildsight doing this? What is the purpose?
- To provide Elk Valley residents and visitors with year-round access to local food
- To develop a system that promotes and fosters food security within the Elk Valley
- To support local producers and farmers by offering a low-barrier method to bring their products to market
WHEN is this happening?
- Local’s retail storefront and online store opened in December 2020. We have been so grateful for all the support!
WHERE is this happening?
- Local is located in downtown Fernie at 632, 2nd Avenue.
- The storefront is currently open Tuesday through Saturday from 2pm to 6pm.
- Check out our online store at www.wildsight.ca/local
How will I benefit?
- You can finally access locally produced food year-round, one-stop-shop
- By shopping locally you help local farmers and producer thrive and help improve food security within the Elk Valley
How does this help local food producers?
- Local provides a year-round, downtown storefront in Fernie.
- A place for producers to sell their products without having to be there themselves.
- It allows for easy access to a wider customer base
- Increased marketing, promotion, and awareness of your local products
- Support in utilizing an online platform
- Participation in ‘meet the producer’ info and tasting nights
- One-stop-shop for Fernie deliveries