Photo Credit Dean Chatterson
Do you have what it takes to lead local operations? Are you passionate about the environment and how we get the message across in our local communities? Then you will be happy to hear we are currently accepting applications for the Interim Branch Manager position!
The Interim Branch Manager provides leadership and management to ensure Wildsight Kimberley Cranbrook is as effective as possible in achieving the organization’s mandate. This goal is achieved by working directly with the Wildsight Kimberley Cranbrook Board of Directors, who set policy and strategic direction. This position is responsible for management, communications, outreach, fundraising, and administration.
The Interim Branch Manager position is a part time staff position based out of the Wildsight Kimberley Cranbrook Office at 1650 Warren Ave in Kimberley.
- Provide oversight and assume responsibility for all Branch activities.
- Ensure fiscal accountability and stability.
- Collaborate with the Board of Directors in developing plans, strategic direction and financial projections.
- Oversee the credibility of the organization.
- Act as spokesperson along with the President of the Board.
- Maintain the organization’s financial viability by identifying and applying for grants and facilitating fundraising opportunities.
- Oversee Wildsight Kimberley Cranbrook employees and contractors, providing support and oversight for project work and funding applications. Ensure all reports to funders and relevant agencies are completed as required.
- Hire employees and contractors for positions approved by the Board.
- Identify and apply for student and intern subsidies including Canada Summer Jobs and CBT Student Works.
- Identify volunteer opportunities, recruit and supervise volunteers, and provide appropriate acknowledgement.
- Provide support for Wildsight Kimberley Cranbrook Board of Directors in the performance of responsibilities including the coordination of board meetings and the Annual General Meeting.
- Work with the Board and staff to set and implement strategic direction and policies.
Communications & Outreach
- Create communications materials including writing press releases, mass emails, posters, social media content, and web content.
- Update and maintain Wildsight Kimberley Cranbrook webpages and database with oversight from Wildsight Regional. Use the database effectively to manage event, donor, volunteer, and contact information.
- Coordinate outreach events such as speakers and films that align with current programming and ongoing areas of focus, including setup and implementation of the event.
- Participate in information sharing and policy discussions with Wildsight Regional and other Wildsight Branches.
- Represent Wildsight Kimberley Cranbrook when appropriate at community meetings, events, and to local government and other organizations. Respond to inquiries from organizations and the public.
- Network with other community organizations to better direct resources and collaborations.
- Ensure the accuracy of financial record keeping by approving expenses and providing relevant documents to the bookkeeper.
- Ensure that the organization meets all legal requirements for a Society under the BC Societies Act.
- Ensure that the organization completes all required reporting.
- Provide monthly and annual reporting to the Wildsight Kimberley Cranbrook Board of Directors and Wildsight Regional as requested.
- Maintain the Wildsight Kimberley Cranbrook office space and equipment.
- Create and maintain budgeting goals for the organization as a whole and for specific projects.
- Completed a Post-Secondary Degree in areas related to environment, education, management, communications or other related fields.
- Hold a current Occupational First Aid Level 1 certification (or similar) or commitment to be certified.
- Have access to a personal vehicle as job requirements take part in the communities of Kimberley and Cranbrook and work tasks involve transporting materials.
- Be willing to work evenings and weekends when necessary.
The position is currently based on 25 hours/week, subject to available funding. The position is being filled to cover a maternity leave starting January 20, 2020, concluding on the return of the incumbent. There will be an opportunity for mentorship of the successful candidate.
Please send your application package including resume and cover letter to Andrea Chapman at email@example.com. Applications must be received by Wednesday, November 13 at 9:30 am in order to be considered. Only those candidates invited to an interview will be contacted.