Assistant Outreach Coordinator
Location: Golden, BC
Employment Type: Seasonal
Posted: April 1, 2019
How to Apply: Please email a resume and cover letter to Leslie Adams at Golden@wildsight.ca
Salary: $16.00 per hour
Expiry Date: June 15, 2019
Note: As this job is funded through the Canada Summer Jobs funding, all applicants must be under 30 years of age.
Wildsight Golden Branch is looking for an outgoing, well-organized, and dynamic person to assist the Outreach Coordinator and Wildsight Golden with community programs, projects, and events. This is a 30 hour per week, minimum 7-week position that will start on or before July 2, depending on the applicant’s availability.
Under the direction and supervision of the Outreach Coordinator, the successful candidate will help:
– Respond to inquiries from the public and other members of Wildsight
– Assist with the planning a facilitation of community events, celebrations, and fundraisers
– Manage social media and website content, write short articles for local newspapers about ongoing Wildsight Golden programs, projects and events, create posters and sort presentations
– Attend public engagement and outreach events such as the Golden Farmers’ Market
– Support the Outreach Coordinator in ongoing Wildsight Golden campaigns surrounding environmental education and land use planning issues in the community
– Occasional field days for data collection
– Support Wildsight programs where required, including but not limited to the summer day camp and invasive plant program if support is needed.
As this job is funded through the Canada Summer Jobs funding, all applicants must be under 30 years of age.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in environmental studies, geography, biology, education or other discipline that has demonstrated relevance. The job’s goal is to educate and inspire youth, visitors and locals to appreciate and understand more about the local mountain environment and sustainable communities.