Wildsight Golden is the voice of environmental conservation in the Golden area. We aim to engage with the local community to bring about positive change toward conservation and sustainability. The Wildsight-Golden Branch is looking for an environmentally-minded, energetic, outgoing and well-organized person to coordinate our communications and public outreach initiatives, and to work on capacity building for our organization. This is a 6-month contract position for 25 hrs per week at $20/hr., starting on or before January 8th. There is a possibility of renewal for the right person. Office space is available for use and the position is located in Golden, BC.
Core responsibilities include:
– Administration, communications and promotion
– Organizing and assisting with public presentations and community events
– Fund raising and grant writing
Job requirements include:
– strong communication skills
– committed environmental ethic
– experience volunteering or working with not-for-profit organizations
– skills in budgeting and grant writing
– demonstrated ability to work independently
Deadline to apply is December 8th, noon.
For questions and to send your resume with a cover letter, please email Jill at: email@example.com.