This position has been filled.
Are you a college student looking for a part-time job during the school year? Wildsight is looking for a Communications & Development Intern to work with us during the school year in our Kimberley office.
You’ll be working with our Communications & Development Manager, and the rest of the Wildsight team in Kimberley and throughout the Kootenays, to help spread Wildsight’s message and fundraise to support our work. While your work will require you to work in our Kimberley office sometimes, there will be opportunities to work from home and a fair bit of schedule flexibility (we understand that sometimes studying for your exams is more important than your job).
Your work will be highly varied, including:
- Editing and proofreading communications materials and some writing
- Social media
- Data entry & database maintenance
- Helping with event logistics
- Fundraising mailouts
- Donor communications
- General office assistance
- Currently enrolled in a full-time post-secondary program
- Good language skills including editing, proofreading and writing
- Social media experience
- Self-motivated and independent
- Ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities, and work on cross-functional teams
- Ability to accept, manage, and integrate feedback from multiple stakeholders to produce the best possible finished product
- Ability to adapt and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of environmental issues in British Columbia, specifically in the Kootenay region
- A passion for the wild
Hours: up to 10 hours a week for the school year (September to April)
Job Location: Kimberley, BC
Please send your application, including a writing sample of any kind, to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will conduct rolling interviews until the position is filled.
This position is made possible with the support of the Columbia Basin Trust through the Schoolworks program.