Wildsight Golden is the voice of environmental conservation in the Golden area. We aim to engage with the local community to bring about positive change toward conservation and sustainability.
Wildsight Golden Branch is looking for an energetic, outgoing and well-organized person with some background in an environmental field to coordinate our communications and public outreach initiatives and work on capacity building for our organization.
Core Responsibilities Include:
- Communications and promotion
- Organizing and assisting with public presentations and events
- Coordinating Board meetings
- Fundraising and grant writing
- Strong communication skills
- Committed environmental ethic
- Experience volunteering or working with not-for-profit organizations
- Skills in budgeting and grant writing
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
List of duties:
- Communicate with our community and Wildsight Golden members to inform about current and proposed programming.
- Communicate with Wildsight Golden Board of Directors to prepare the monthly meeting agenda, organize the meetings and encourage follow-through on commitments made at meetings.
- Support Wildsight Golden events coordinated by our members with promotion, materials and volunteer recruitment.
- Pick up mail weekly, deposit checks, help keep Wildsight Golden office organized and tidy and maintain basic office supplies.
- Organize a summer/fall environmental education presentation series with three or more speakers, shows, guided walks, work parties, movies, etc., including reserving the venue, choosing the speaker, promoting the event, organizing volunteer help and developing a budget.
- As time permits, assist volunteers with development of programs that support Wildsight Golden’s priorities.
- Help find funding to support the Outreach and Branch Manager position into the long term.
- Maintain contact and continue with coordination efforts with all other Wildsight branches and with Wildsight Regional.
This is a six-month contract position for 15 hrs. per week at $20/hr. There is potential for renewal and expansion of this position with the right candidate. The position would ideally begin June 1, 2015.
Please submit your cover letter and resume before May 20th. Submit by email to Joan Dolinsky (firstname.lastname@example.org). Telephone calls welcome to Meg Langley at 250-344-4721 or Joan Dolinsky at 250-348-2578.