Position: Executive Director
Deadline to apply: 4 pm November 21, 2022
Compensation: We offer a competitive wage, flexibility, and a benefits package.
Scope: Part-time with the opportunity to grow
Start Date: December 2022 or January 2023
Location: Invermere, BC
Are you passionate about the environment and want to make a difference in your community? Do you have what it takes to lead an organization that is as committed as you are to work on important issues? If so, Wildsight Invermere wants to hear from you. Get in touch to learn more and see how we can work together to do great things.
About Wildsight Invermere:
The Invermere branch of Wildsight has been the environmental voice of the upper Columbia Valley since 1989. We are an ENGO, governed by a volunteer Board of Directors and supported by active members. Our work promotes environmental stewardship and conservation on a range of issues through restoration projects, community workshops, educational events and more.
About the Role:
The Executive Director provides leadership and program delivery to ensure Wildsight Invermere continues to achieve its goals. They work directly with the Board of Directors, who set policy and strategic direction. This position requires a dynamic individual who will be responsible for program development and management, communications, community engagement, fundraising, and administration.
- Lead the development and delivery of innovative programming in partnership with the Board of Directors
- Keep a close eye on the financial sustainability of the organization and identify opportunities for growth
- Identify and write grants for projects and guide other fundraising efforts
- Collaborate with our partners and community to achieve our goals
- Work with Board of Directors in strategic planning
- Oversee and continue existing programs, including Spark
- Develop opportunities for volunteers
- Create effective communication through social media, newsletters, our website
- Handle financial and other administrative duties with a keen attention to detail
- Committed environmental ethic
- Demonstrated leadership
- High level of self-motivation and ability to work independently
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proven fundraising skills
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends when necessary
- Strong computer skills
- A valid driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle
- Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Resident status
- Resident of the Columbia Valley, BC (Canal Flats to Spillimacheen)
Please complete the application form by 4pm November 21, 2022.
We invite interested candidates to have a conversation with us ahead of the deadline if you are interested in learning more about this opportunity (email email@example.com to arrange a time to discuss).
Only candidates invited to an interview will be contacted. We thank all candidates for their time and interest. For more information email Invermere@wildsight.ca