Are you a motivated, organized person, passionate about your community and the environment? If so, we’re looking for a new Branch Manager to work with our dynamic Board of Directors. Our strength lies in our grassroots engagement to promote environmental stewardship and to address local issues around sustainability and climate change. The job offers flexibility and opportunities to develop creative programming that supports our vision and mandate.
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
The Branch Manager provides leadership and management to ensure Wildsight Invermere is achieving the organization’s mandate. This goal is achieved by working directly with the Wildsight Invermere Board of Directors, who set policy and strategic direction. This position requires a dynamic individual who will be responsible for program development and management, communications, outreach, fundraising, and administration.
This is a permanent staff position, three days/week, starting April 20th, but could expand with the right person and new financial support. Salary based on experience.
- Provide oversight and assume responsibility for all Branch activities.
- Develop programming in a timely fashion with respect to funding deadlines.
- Ensure fiscal accountability and stability.
- Collaborate with the Board of Directors in developing plans, strategic direction and financial projections.
- Oversee the credibility of the organization.
- Act as spokesperson along with the President of the Board.
- Maintain the organization’s financial viability by identifying and applying for grants and facilitating fundraising opportunities.
- Oversee Wildsight Invermere Spark (Electric Vehicle Share Program) contractors, providing support and oversight for project work and funding applications. Ensure all reports to funders and relevant agencies are completed as required.
- Identify volunteer opportunities, recruit and supervise volunteers, and provide appropriate acknowledgement.
- Provide support for Wildsight Invermere Board of Directors, including the coordination of the Annual General Meeting.
- Work with the Board to set and implement strategic direction and policies.
Communications & Outreach
- Create communications materials including writing press releases, newsletters, emails, posters, social media content, and web content.
- Update and maintain Wildsight Invermere webpages and database with oversight from Wildsight Regional. Use the database effectively to manage event, donor, volunteer, and contact information.
- Develop and coordinate public events such as speakers, films, and workshops, that align with current programming and ongoing areas of focus, including setup and implementation of the event.
- Participate in information sharing and policy discussions with Wildsight Regional and other Wildsight Branches.
- Represent Wildsight Invermere when appropriate at community meetings, events, and to local government and other organizations. Respond to inquiries from organizations and the public.
- Network with other community organizations to better direct resources and collaborations.
- Ensure the accuracy of financial record keeping by approving expenses and providing relevant documents to the bookkeeper.
- Ensure that the organization meets all legal requirements for a Society under the BC Societies Act.
- Ensure that the organization completes all required reporting.
- Provide monthly reporting to the Wildsight Invermere Board of Directors and Wildsight Regional as requested.
- Maintain the Wildsight Invermere office space and equipment.
- Create and maintain budgeting goals for the organization as a whole and for specific projects.
- Committed environmental ethic.
- Completed a Post-Secondary Degree in areas related to environment, education, management, communications or other related fields.
- Be willing to work evenings and weekends when necessary.
- Proven grant writing skills.
- Strong computer skills.
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter containing a brief story of an inspiring experience you’ve had in nature to email@example.com, by Wednesday April 1st.
Only candidates invited to an interview will be contacted. We thank all candidates for their time and interest.