Closing Date: January 31, 2017 or until filled
Job: 0.7-0.8 FTE
Location: Kimberley, BC
Start Date: February 2017
About us: Wildsight is an environmental charity with a 30-year history that works in the Columbia Basin region of British Columbia. We have a main office in Kimberley, five branch communities within the East Kootenay, and a range of programs working to protect biodiversity and promote sustainable communities. To learn more, please go to www.wildsight.ca.
About this position
This position is a senior position responsible for all aspects of the organization’s financial and administrative management and tax compliance that requires a comprehensive high-level understanding of all aspects of the organization. This includes managing the Office Manager who carries out the day-to-day bookkeeping. Important skills include: financial management, system and critical thinking, and organization and computer skills. Recommended qualifications for this position include a combination of experience and education totalling a minimum of 4 years in the fields of business administration, accounting, financial management, etc. Accounting systems knowledge is an essential requirement, with Quickbooks experience a significant asset. Experience working with a charity would be a great asset.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Oversee financial accounting and controls.
· Create, track, and update budgets. Create quarterly cash-flow projections.
· Prepare and present monthly financial reports to the Executive Director, staff and board and provide board members with the financial information they require to allow them to fulfil their Board responsibilities.
· Prepare financial reports and budgets for grant reports and proposals.
· Oversee payroll, contractor payables, and general payables
· Oversee investments
· Manage and continuously update and improve financial policies and procedures and ensure documentation is up-to-date
· Manage Wildsight’s compliance as a registered charity, including overseeing annual audits, tax returns and the issuance of charitable receipts.
· Oversee organizational risk management and manage insurance coverage for the organization’s activities, facilities, and board.
· Manage grant agreements, sub-contracts, project agreements and other contractual relationships.
· Manage human resources, including involvement in staff hiring, supporting the annual evaluation process, maintaining employee manual, and ensuring compliance with labour laws.
Reports to the Executive Director
Wildsight offers a flexible working environment that includes flexible hours and 5 weeks of annual vacation. Our team of about 15 people is distributed throughout the Columbia Basin, with five based in the downtown Kimberley office.
Please send your cover letter and CV explaining why you are interested in this opportunity to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit applications by January 30, 2017; this position will remain open until it is filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.