START DATE: Mid June
END DATE: Late August
Hours- Full Time, 10 weeks @ 40 hr/week, some weekend and evening work
Location- based out of Invermere
Wildsight works to maintain biodiversity and healthy human communities in Canada’s Columbia and Rocky Mountains ecoregion. We are focused on three core areas: the southern Rockies, the upper Columbia River Valley, and the Columbia Mountains. This ecoregion provides critical genetic connectivity for western North America’s wildlife populations.
Qualifications- Minimum of one year of post secondary education with a strong interest in the environment. Experience in environmental education and event planning, and water monitoring would be assets. Must have been a full time student this year and retuning to a full time program in September 2011 and under the age of 30.
The Environmental Program Assistant will:
- Assist with planning and implementing the annual Lake Windermere Regatta
- Assist in preparing educational materials such as a Green Boating Guide, a Water Fact Sheet, and a Water Stewardship manual
- Assist with educating home owners about good shoreline practices
- Assist at community outreach events
- Assist Program Coordinator and volunteers with weekly lake and beach water quality monitoring
The Successful Candidate will have a strong interest in the environment, water resources, enjoy interacting with the public, have good communication skills, be physically fit and be able to work independently.
To apply please send a cover letter and your resume, electronically to email@example.com
Closing date- June 15, 2011
Information- firstname.lastname@example.org or 250.341.6898
This position is subject to funding.
Priority will be given to students of aboriginal heritage, belonging to visible minorities or with disabilities.