Based out of Fernie, Ryland works locally and internationally to protect the globally significant landscape of BC’s Southern Rockies. He can usually be found skiing, biking, or fishing in the mountains he is working to protect.
Instrumental in the campaign to ban all mining and oil and gas in the Flathead River Valley he is working towards the vision of completing the Waterton-Glacier International Peace Park and establishing the Southern Rockies Wildlife Management Area (WMA) along the spine of the Rockies to Banff.
Keep track of the efforts to protect and connect the Flathead visit www.flathead.ca
- UPDATE: BP has already started exploratory drilling program in the Rockies
- The Obama-Trudeau Dinner: Putting Conservation on the Menu
- Highway Mitigation from the Pass to the Elk Valley
- Wildlife Values Continue to Erode while Mine Approvals Move Forward
- Pure clean water: Biomonitoring in the Flathead