Wildsight Invermere Seeks Branch Manager – Posted February 20, 2017
Wildsight Invermere is the voice of environmental conservation in the Columbia Valley. We aim to engage with our local community to bring about positive change toward conservation, environmental stewardship and healthy communities.
This job offers flexibility and diverse aspects, but requires a motivated individual who can work independently in collaboration with our board. The position is responsible for administration, communications, fundraising, management and outreach.
This position will be 16 hours/week, with some weekend work, starting April 18, 2017, and could expand with the right person and new financial support. Salary is $25/hour.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
The successful candidate will possess:
- Work or volunteer experience in an environmental field, environmental education or environmental activism
- Relevant experience with a not-for-profit organization. Undergraduate degree in an environment-related field preferred
- Proven grant writing skills
- Strong computer skills
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Proven aptitude and skills in budgeting and financial management
- Strong leadership skills including interpersonal communication
- Entrepreneurial skills: recognizing challenges and opportunities, initiating innovative programs and projects, generating support for initiatives consistent with our mission and vision
- Committed environmental ethic
- Provides oversight and is responsible for all of the Organization’s activities
- Ensures fiscal accountability and stability of the Organization
- Collaborates with the Board of Directors in developing long term plans, strategic direction and financial plans for the Organization
- Oversees the credibility of the Organization
- Acts as spokesperson for the Organization along with the President of the Board
- Champions new or existing Wildsight Invermere projects
- Maintains the Organization’s financial viability by identifying and applying for grants and facilitating fundraising opportunities to further the Organization’s goals.
- Oversees Wildsight Invermere contractors, providing support and oversight for project work and funding applications. Ensures all reports to funders are completed as required.
- Identifies volunteer opportunities, recruits and supervises volunteers, and provides appropriate acknowledgement.
- Provides support for Wildsight Invermere Board of Directors in the performance of their responsibilities including the coordination of board meetings and the Annual General Meeting.
- Works with the Board and staff to set the strategic direction and policies of the Organization.
Communications & Outreach
- Creates communications materials including writing press releases, mass emails, posters, social media content, and web content.
- Update and maintains Wildsight Invermere webpages and database. Uses the database effectively to manage event, donor, volunteer, and contact information.
- Coordinates outreach events such as speakers and films that align with current programming and ongoing areas of focus, including the setup and operation of A/V equipment such as the large screen, projector and sound system and coordination of volunteers and/or staff for event needs.
- Participates in information sharing and policy discussions with Regional and other Branches.
- Represents Wildsight Invermere when appropriate at community meetings, events, and to local government and other organizations. Responds to inquiries from organizations and the public.
- Ensures the accuracy of financial record keeping and provides bookkeeping support to the Wildsight Invermere Treasurer.
- Ensures that the Organization meets all legal requirements for a Society.
- Ensures that the Organization completes all required reporting. Provides monthly and annual reporting to Wildsight Regional as requested.
- Maintains the Wildsight Invermere office space and technical equipment.
Please submit your resume and a brief story of an inspiring experience you had in nature to email@example.com. Questions may be directed to Cam at 250-342-8640.
DEADLINE: 9am, March 6, 2017