New this year, we are kicking off our Nature is Calling Workshop Series. Each workshop will be led by a notable expert and comprise of an educational/awareness component and an interactive activity. Pre-registration is required and costs will vary depending on topic and length.
2017 Nature is Calling workshops is themed: Bears, Bees, Beavers and Bugs, and include:
- Bear Awareness Day June 17- a free community celebration of the end of hibernation with a guest speakers and a bear trap demonstration
- Weaving from the Wild June 24 – Join Shuswap elder Elder Verna Stevens in making a ponderosa pine needle basket
- The Biodiversity of Bees with Lincoln Best July 7, evening presentation
- Exploring Bees in the East Kootenay July 8-9, weekend workshop with renowned BC bee scientist Lincoln Best
- Ecosystem Engineers Walk and Talk: stroll the Columbia Wetlands while learning the importance of beavers
- Pond Dipping: a family friendly exploration of local water creatures
Stay tuned, more to come soon!
Want to lead a workshop of your own that fits our Connecting with Nature theme? Get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org